Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Chicago High School Students of Illinois
A company must use the right tools and methods to remain relevant and offer the best products or services. This is why all companies value LSS, regardless of industry or specialization, among all the methodologies and options available. It has been proven to be a powerful tool that can improve any process or system and bring great benefits and advantages to practitioners. Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Chicago High School Students of Illinois is the best company to offer you all services related to it as it is our concern to teach it to students as business professionals so that they can add value and become the practitioners that all institutions and companies need to improve and grow.
Lean 6 Sigma is not a new concept. It has been widely used since its inception in the late 1980s, and besides manufacturing, it is efficient in today’s business environment, and it can be easily integrated into daily life and projects.
LSS is a process improvement methodology that eliminates waste and variations. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what you can do with it.
Even though you can work on understanding the basics of LSS, it will be difficult to use. Understanding how LSS should be implemented and how it should work requires a lot of practice and understanding in terms of what the company, client, or you need from it.
Let’s say process improvement is the main goal. However, in order to achieve it, companies must work on other goals, such as measuring current processes and eliminating waste. They also need to focus on customer satisfaction while achieving the other results and continuous objectives.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and when you translate this to utilizing it in your daily projects or activities, you can understand the difficulty when “customizing” the steps.
Knowing how to combine them to achieve the desired results is crucial. If they don’t know enough about Sigma, many companies offering services to plan strategies won’t be able to adapt to your goals.
If you’re a company or an organization, you need to ensure that you have qualified and reliable employees. You can train your employees in it, which is highly recommended as you will be able to build a group capable of making positive changes and improving the lives of others.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Chicago’s goal is to make it easy for you to train your staff. We help professionals and students to gain the knowledge and skills they need to improve their curriculums and use LSS in all their jobs and tasks.
What can we do? These are the services we offer:
- Training in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- LSS for High Schools.
- LSS for community college.
- Additional Leadership Excellence and Innovation Consulting.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS has been around since the late 1980s. However, not many experts decide to mention it, nor are the companies that offer related services. We wanted to change that.
People are wrong to think that Lean Six Sigma is what they think as the basic concept is that it is a blend of Six Sigma and Lean methods. It was designed to be comparable to the Japanese Kaizen process for improving performance, and for it, both methodologies were indeed combined, but LSS offers more principles and ways to fill some gaps.
Now, understanding Six Sigma and Lean’s elements and principles are crucial to creating the most effective and relevant process improvement method or, in our case, more like knowing everything involved in Sigma and how it works.
To fully understand Sigma’s point, we must answer these two questions:
- What is Lean?
- What is Six Sigma?
Lean, the first is a method that focuses on reducing waste and helping companies and businesses increase productivity and efficiency. This methodology and its principles can only be used by companies that understand their processes and are able to predict the future based on data collected and analyzed by experts.
What does Lean refer to as “waste”? Any element, talent, or material that causes delays, lowers efficiency and increases production costs can be called waste.
There are eight types of waste that companies must manage. Overproduction, defective transport, waiting, unutilized talent, and delaying are the main five on the list. The same type of waste can be identified in your own processes, as this is what helps implement LSS for your own projects, but we will get there later.
Six Sigma is the next step. What happens when Lean is primarily focused on waste? Companies forget about variations.
Six Sigma offers tools and principles that reduce those variations by identifying problems and finding solutions, while the company should aim to control all processes, so the same problems or similar ones don’t repeat.
It can help businesses get the products and services they desire for their clients. Students and professionals can also use it to reduce delays as they can achieve the results they desire and need quickly and efficiently.
6 Sigma allows companies to eliminate variations by following the DMAIC method: Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control.
Lean Six Sigma uses the entire DMAIC structure for the best results. However, before you move to it, it is important to know that 6 Sigma adds some principles to the whole LSS methodology:
- Concentrate on the customer/client and work hard.
- Find the problem and then look for a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks, and eliminate variations.
- Engagement can be improved for employees.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential to the success of a company.
LSS and its integration can be best described as a matter of flow and circumstance and not trying to make a strategy. It is up to you to decide whether additional practices, resources, or methods are required for implementation.
This will help you understand LSS’s origins and the main goals it has:
- It is important to incorporate lean principles and goals.
- Take into account all tools available.
- It was influenced by Kaizen. LSS can be used to address the need for competition, and it even adapts other Japanese methods that focus on continuous improvement.
This will result in a method that not only focuses on the above but also incorporates the most important aspects of efficiency and results for all practitioners.
Why Do You Need Lean Six Sigma?
This is the most common question clients ask when considering our services, and it’s something that we fully understand.
We encourage you to ask questions, share your concerns and help us understand why LSS is the best choice for you.
We remind you that LSS is available for all of these:
- A company or business.
- An individual who wants to advance their career and learn valuable skills.
LSS for businesses and companies is all about improving processes and making them more efficient, as we have already discussed.
LSS may seem redundant when you consider other methods like Six Sigma or Lean, but once you look at the benefits, you will see why it is better for you to use one methodology:
- Lean Six Sigma can be used to help you reach both short-term and long-term goals.
- It is cheaper and takes less time to find the right people.
- It allows you to solve problems and addresses other company needs.
- This will help you to create a culture of continuous improvement for your future success.
- It’s available to all companies, regardless of their size. New industries, such as healthcare, are also using it.
What about those who want to train for personal use?
You can improve your chances of success at college or work if you are keen to learn it.
LSS will be integrated into companies and businesses. However, there are many other ways you can use it. Experts must have the right skills and knowledge to use LSS in their daily lives and professional careers, regardless of what they do.
These are the main benefits of understanding what you can expect if you become a practitioner:
- There are many college and career options.
- You will have better job prospects.
- Your expertise can be used by any industry or company.
- Learn how to manage projects and teams.
- Learn how to work well under pressure.
- This course will give you hands-on experience with quality management.
- Your curriculum will be enhanced.
- This method can help you build a career.
- Complementary training is a great way to learn new skills and improve your existing skills at the company or job you are interested in.
- Apply for a higher salary.
You Can Always Ask Us for Help
Based on your goals and needs, we can help you choose the right training level or train belt. This will enable you to reach all your professional and personal goals without having to compromise your time or budget.
We can provide LSS training for your employees based on your requirements and wishes. The practice is also beneficial for students in high school or college. Schools can either create a program themselves or request it for some individuals.
One thing is necessary: the client must choose a belt level in which to train. These are the highest-level belts in which we train clients:
- Yellow belt: This belt is focused on data collection, basic concepts, and principles. Learn the essential tools that will help you in small roles in LSS projects or companies that are focused on manufacturing.
- Green belt: It is possible to learn how to use all structures and to receive advanced training in order to be able to work on large-scale projects. To be able to choose this belt, you must have been certified in a yellow belt.
Anyone who has been trained in any of these belts is qualified to fill the vacancies and apply for other positions based on the opportunities. One thing is missing, however: LSS Belt Certification.
The certification can be issued by our company. This certification will be internationally recognized and add greater value to your curriculum.
What are the requirements to become an LSS certified?
- You must have completed an earlier training option, such as a yellow belt or green belt.
- Pass the exam with a minimum of 290 points on 400.
- If you meet all requirements, we will issue certification. Even if you did not receive training from us, you can pass the exam and become certified. It is important that you demonstrate that you have a thorough understanding of the method to the level required for the exam and that you have been, indeed, trained by someone else.
What Can You Learn from Our Experts?
Lean Six Sigma offers many benefits that can be used in your own way and not as part of an overall methodology.
But, you need more than Sigma to ensure your success or to help companies find you.
We are proud to offer Leadership Excellence as the main service. It is designed to help professionals and students lead teams of any size. They also acquire skills like collaboration and time management.
Many companies and individuals have benefited from our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting as well. They have been able to stay competitive in their industry and among their peers.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Chicago can assist you in obtaining training and certification, so make sure to ask all your questions when contacting us.